1. CSS Gradient Text and Background
Would not it be much better if you can use gradient background without using any image? It would make your page load faster.
How about Gradient Text ?
2. Image Overlay Using Z-Index
The z-index property sets the stack order of an element. Using z-index you can put one image or text on top of each other.
3. Using the CSS Border Creatively
- CSS Box Border test : This utility enables the sampling of Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) border styles, and creates the corresponding CSS code for implementation.
- Border-image CSS3 only.
- CSS Side Border Image Using CSS.
4. A Cool CSS Effect – Dashboard
- Create a Dashboard like effect using CSS.
5. Creating 2D/3D buttons using CSS
Create some cool looking buttons using CSS only.
6. Text Embossing/Shadow Technique With CSS
Using this technique you can create iPhone like embossed Text
[sourcecode language="css"] 1. text-shadow: 0px 1px 0px #e5e5ee; [/sourcecode]
7. Iconize Text links/Hyperlink with CSS
8. CSS Curly Quotes
9. Using CSS Opacity for Various Cool Effects
- A CSS only fly-out menu with transparency
- CSS Menu using CSS opacity property
- Opacity Background Blending Effects
10. Blurry Background Effect
11. CSS Parallax Effect
- Examples of and How to Create the CSS Parallax Effect
- A parallax illusion with CSS: The Horse in Motion
12. Create a Lightbox effect only with CSS
13. CSS-Only Accordion Effect
- This post explains how to create Accordion using CSS
- In this short tutorial you will see how to add grunge effect to your text using just CSS and one image.
Create a Block Hover /Element Hover Effect
16. Simple Dither Effect using CSS
- Dezinerfolio shows how to create a dither effect using CSS .
17. Create a liDock Menu
18. CSS Hover Swap Effect
19. Polaroid effect using CSS
- Do you like Polaroid pictures? Well using this technique you can make the pictures on website look like Polaroid.
- Polaroid-izing photos with CSS and one Image.
20. CSS Magazine Style Layout
21. CSS Hoverbox Menu
- A really cool CSS Menu using Images and CSS
22. CSS TABS – CSS Only “DOM TABS”
23. CSS Magic with Fixed Background-attachment
- Ask the CSS Guy shows a trick that reveals a magic as you scroll.